Liminal Dreamers coast the edges of consciousness, exploring the drifting trance states we pass through as we fall asleep or wake, or during delicious naps or hallucinogenic fatigue.
This session will include:
- Transmission of techniques and exercises for developing liminal dreaming skills
- Introduction to a variety of oneirogens-herbs, roots, technologies, and practices that promote vivid dreams
- Discussion of some of the neuroscience around dreaming
- Review of methods that artists and thinkers from Kekule to Edison to Dali have used to harness liminal dreaming
- Explanation of dream incubation, a method of healing and problem solving from the ancient Greek temples of Asclepius
- Discussion of metacognition and how liminal dreaming helps you understand your thought processes
- Exploration of liminal dreaming as a means of experimenting with consciousness
Jennifer Dumpert writes about and teaches Liminal Dreaming, a means of experimenting consciousness through dreams. She is the founder of the international dream exploration group the Oneironauticum.