Liminal Dreamers coast the edges of consciousness, exploring the drifting trance states we pass through as we fall asleep or wake, or during delicious naps or hallucinogenic fatigue.
This session will include:
– Transmission of techniques and exercises for developing liminal dreaming skills
– Introduction to a variety of oneirogens-herbs, roots, technologies, and practices that promote vivid dreams
– Discussion of some of the neuroscience around dreaming
– Review of methods that artists and thinkers from Kekule to Edison to Dali have used to harness liminal dreaming
– Explanation of dream incubation, a method of healing and problem solving from the ancient Greek temples of Asclepius
– Discussion of metacognition and how liminal dreaming helps you understand your thought processes
– Exploration of liminal dreaming as a means of experimenting with consciousness
Jennifer Dumpert is a San Francisco-based writer and lecturer, and the founder of the Oneironauticum, an international organization that explores the phenomenological experience of dreams as a means of experimenting with mind. She also teaches the practice of Liminal Dreaming—surfing the edges of consciousness using hypnagogic and hypnopompic dream states.
She has lectured and led workshops on dreamwork at festivals, conferences, and venues, such Lightning in a Bottle, Symbiosis, the Women’s Visionary Congress, Esalen Institute, and Ojai Institute. She has written about and taught liminal dreaming for Evolver, Van Winkle’s, and at Summit at Sea. She is part of the consciousness hacking movement and sits on the board of directors for Erowid Center. She tweets a dream daily as @oneirofer